Catholic Pacific College (formerly Redeemer Pacific College) enjoys a unique partnership with Trinity Western University, providing students with a solid foundation in the liberal arts, taught from a Catholic perspective, as they work their way towards an undergraduate degree in any one of the 45+ undergraduate majors offered by TWU. Students at CPC can concurrently pursue a Catholic Theological Studies Minor while undertaking their course of studies at TWU.
CPC's sections of TWU courses are taught at our building, nestled next to the Salmon River creek near historic Fort Langley. Over a hundred students currently call Catholic Pacific College home as they pursue their choice of degree programs at TWU. The CPC building has been affectionately nicknamed by students as the Catholic Pacific “cottage”, because of the cosy old house where we come together as a community.
Redeemer Pacific College is founded by Tom Hamel who becomes first President of RPC
First classes for Redeemer Pacific begin in Spring 2000
Dr. Christine Jones becomes the second President of RPC
Redeemer Pacific College changes name to Catholic Pacific College
Catholic Formation Track
CPC launches new Catholic Formation Track of the Trinity Western University core curriculum.
Understanding the Relationship Between CPC and TWU
How does CPC work with TWU?
Catholic Pacific College is a teaching institute for Trinity Western University and is located right at the entrance to the university. CPC provides Catholic courses for the core curriculum, various concentrations, and a Catholic Studies Minor at Trinity Western University. However, at CPC, we offer more than just academics. We have an amazing community of Catholic students who are centred on Christ, and nurtured by the Sacraments on campus. Our Chaplaincy, under Fr. Lawrence Donnelly, provides Mass on Campus from Monday to Thursday at 11am, as well as Confession, spiritual direction, adoration, and catechesis. The student association provides activities and events to foster community and encouragement in individual growth in faith.
How do I apply to CPC?
- It’s very simple: fill out the application form for Trinity Western University and indicate that you want to take courses through Catholic Pacific College. All CPC students are also TWU students. To take courses with CPC, students must be accepted into TWU.
- To take the Catholic Formation Track of the TWU Core Curriculum, you must indicate it on the application. If you are unable to find this option on the application, please contact a CPC Admissions Counsellor who can help you out.
- Within 48 hours of completing the application, you will be contacted by a CPC Admissions Counsellor who will accompany you on your journey through this process.
- Please note, you will need to place a deposit before you can begin choosing your courses. That deposit is handled through TWU. When you are ready to register for CPC courses, you will find them in the same place you register for all of your TWU courses. You are simply looking for ones marked with a 'CP' after them (ie. RELS 160 CP).
- Join us on campus! At the beginning of the academic year, join us at our table on O-Day (Saturday before school starts). Then, come out to our Wednesday Socials to meet other Catholic students. Next, sign-up for our Fall Retreat, the perfect way to begin your time with CPC/TWU.
Meet the Team
Meet the Team
Dr. Andrew Kaethler
Dr. Adrienne Castellon
Fr. David Bellusci, O.P.
Dr. David Baird
Governors & Regents
BOARD OF GOVERNORS
Archbishop J. Michael Miller, CSB, Archbishop of Vancouver
Mr. Thomas Crean
Mrs. Neysa Finnie
Mr. Michel Gloanec - Vice Chair
Mrs. MaryAnn Hessels - Executive Chair
Mrs. Marion Nundal
Mr. Scott Middleton - Treasurer
Mr. Kent Sturton
Mrs. Wilhelmina VanVliet
Mr. Jim Vukets - Secretary
Mr. Michael Garisto
Hon. Gerry St. Germain, PC
Dr. Andrew Minto
Mrs. Dorothy Van der Zalm
Ms. Sally Wong
Mr. Don Nundal (in memory of)
Mrs. Ann Marie Sweeney (in memory of)
Mr. Hugh Buckley (in memory of)